Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

last 2 nights ive had itchy skin and scalp what on earth ??

(17 Posts)
hardshipuntold Fri 15-Jul-11 21:54:15

im ok in the mornings but i just itch all over my body here and there ,scalp,hip,leg,face ,arm ,back anywhere
what could be causing this ?
ive checked for nits !! lol

hardshipuntold Fri 15-Jul-11 22:20:56

bump

ZZZenAgain Fri 15-Jul-11 22:22:35

have you been drinking enough? Maybe a couple of extra big glasses of water. Also if you have a long soak in a hot bath, do you put oil in it?

Does the skin on your legs etc look dry?

hardshipuntold Fri 15-Jul-11 22:24:32

no skin isnt dry and i always drink lots of water / im flumoxed
took puriton last night as it was so itchy drove me mad

ZZZenAgain Fri 15-Jul-11 22:25:04

could also be a food allergy. Have you been eating something different lately?

letsblowthistacostand Fri 15-Jul-11 22:25:56

Have you changed your laundry detergent/shampoo/body wash recently? Any new cleaning products? Sounds like a contact allergy.

hardshipuntold Sat 16-Jul-11 06:45:30

i nearly always buy what products that are on offer so do change often but ive never had any problems before ,havent been eating anything different either

hardshipuntold Sat 16-Jul-11 09:29:20

its doing it through the day now sad
been reading up online ,im suspecting make a gluten intolerence as my stomach has been bad too
had 2 spoons of puriton to no avail

Glutenfreehelp Sat 16-Jul-11 10:56:53

Hi,

On the gluten free help website that I help run www.glutenfreehelp.co.uk, we recently updated our signs and symptoms page to include skin conditions such as dermatitis herpetiformis. It is a very itchy skin rash that can appear on places such as elbows, back, stomach, knees and buttocks. It is a condition that can be treated by following a gluten free diet. However, I would strongly advise that you check whether you are experiencing any of the other signs and symptoms shown on the website, and if so arrange to see your GP to understand whether or not you have the condition.

Regards,

Lisa

hardshipuntold Sat 16-Jul-11 15:25:22

feeling really ill too now -whats going on ?
i took 10ml of puriteze this morning can i take any other anti histamine ?

ZZZenAgain Sat 16-Jul-11 17:46:13

if you are feeling ill as well as having this itchiness in the night and now in the day too, it is getting worse whatever it is. Please go and see the GP. Maybe it is a small thing that can be easily fixed. Best find out.

Otherwise if you are otherwise in good health (I don't know you say you feel ill), what often does me good is to fast for a 1-2 days - just water, herbal tea but you need to know you are alright first.

youarekidding Sat 16-Jul-11 17:57:19

Liver? I know sometimes that can cause itchy skin. Maybe if your not feeling well too?

I'd see OOH GP or walk in if you have one?

hardshipuntold Sat 16-Jul-11 18:35:05

i dunno feels like some sort of virus as my son has it too he is anti biotics for tonsilitus my whole body is aching my chest feels heavy,im sneezing ,knackered but do viruses cause itchy skin ?

ZZZenAgain Sat 16-Jul-11 18:38:53

according to this many possible causes:

causes of itchy skin

could be something working itself through and out of your system. Some kind of side effect. Wouldn't liket o try and say for sure.

ZZZenAgain Sat 16-Jul-11 18:45:00

that doesn't sound good
forthe itchiness - maybe a high dose of vitamin A - no idea if it is really good but it might help. Rub oil into your skin a bit before bed, maybe even your face, just plain simple baby oil or any basic oil really. I cannot claim to know what might help but if it is getting unbearable might be worth a try?

youarekidding Sat 16-Jul-11 18:55:32

Just had a look at the list ZZZenAgain gave.

The viral hepatitis is what I had - when my skin was itchy and was was completely washed out. It was 6 years ago but iirc there was nothing they could do, its not damage. I was just advised to eat a low fat diet as would aid the recovery of my inflammed liver.

hardshipuntold Mon 18-Jul-11 10:24:15

so have been to the gp today he said its partly down to a viral infection and partly due to withdrawals from the antidepressents i stopped 2 weeks ago - id been on them for 4 years
has anyone ever had a virus where their tounge lips and whole body itches?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now