Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone had whiplash? How bad was it? How long did it take you to recover?

(3 Posts)
akaemmafrost Fri 15-Jul-11 21:04:03

I have this. When it first happened I felt fine, a bit shaky but no pain. I woke up in the morning in absolute agony which remained for about 10 days, it is just beginning to recede now. But I can still feel the injury there, though the pain is much more manageable.

I am usually very fit and run a lot so just wondering when normal activities can resume. The doctor wasnt that helpful to be honest.

Would be grateful for any info.

MayDayChild Sat 16-Jul-11 09:50:43

DH Is a physio
You can see a physio 2 days after injury so get yourself to a physio pronto. They will give you all the advise, exercise and future care you need.
If you're SE London, come see hubby!
I have a bad whiplash. He still treats occasional stiffness 15 years later. So get it looked at and look after it.

wicketkeeper Mon 18-Jul-11 20:55:50

I used a chiropractor when it first happened to me (2004), which relieved the worst symptoms. Now, 7 years later, it's pretty good most of the time. I do Pilates which I find particularly helpful (there's an exercise called the Egyptian, which makes everything crunch beautifully and sorts out any stiffness I might have). It's also important to become very aware of your posture, particularly if you spend a lot of time in the same position (eg sitting a lot or standing a lot). I would suggest you keep doing what you do - stop if the whiplash gets worse, but only until it settles, then get on with it again. General fitness is only going to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now