Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Laser Eye surgery

(4 Posts)
fruitshootsandheaves Fri 15-Jul-11 16:06:39

I have worn glasses since I was 9 and have recently tried to go back to contact lenses. After about 3 months of faffing with fitting and prescription changes I am fed up and considering saving to have laser eye surgery but have a few questions

Who did you have it done with? would you recommend them?
Do you still have to wear glasses?
How long did it take you to recover?
and how much did it cost?

The thought of being contact lens and glasses free would be a dream

MayDayChild Sat 16-Jul-11 09:56:42

DH experience not mine
Minus 7 eyesight
Optimax did procedure
Took 10 mins but had to go every day for 4 days or so to be checked. Then following week, month, 6 months and at a year. All included in price.
Said worst 10 mins of his life but very worth it
Has perfect vision no glasses at all.
Gets bit itchy but no worse than contacts.
Cost £1800 per eye but have 0% interest plans.
He was 30. Wished he'd done it at 20.
Go for it. Expect to pay. Do not take cheap option, it's supposedto be v expensive.
Life changing for DH

MayDayChild Sat 16-Jul-11 09:57:39

Oops recovered within 8 hours.

janmoomoo Sun 17-Jul-11 22:48:06

My DH has done it too and is very happy. My brother did it and vision is not all he would have wished for although they say it is 20:20. Neither still wear glasses, cost £3200. Both done with accuvision who are brilliant, really nice and friendly, very professional. They went for a consultation at optical express but both said they found it dirty and the sales people were very pushy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now