Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When does a mole need checking?

(4 Posts)
Halbwahrheiten Fri 15-Jul-11 15:24:42

I've noticed that I have recently got a bunch of new moles which are bumpy and in a range of colours from almost flesh-coloured to quite black. A couple are on the inside of my wrist, and the others are under my arm on my ribcage and along up to my boob. I also have a large halo nevus on my boob which has doubled in size, but I put that down to pregnancy hormones..
when do moles actually need checking?

Paschaelina Fri 15-Jul-11 15:41:43

When they change, itch, bleed, look different, irritate. If you're at all concerned then get the dr to have a quick look, they will soon say if any look suspicious.

wigglemama Fri 15-Jul-11 15:44:49

I think it is if they are not symmetrical, start to go flaky or bleed and if an individual mole is clearly several different colours/shades. There is also something about size, but I can't remember what it is! I would just get them checked out any way. It'll do no harm and put your mind at rest!

HarrietJones Fri 15-Jul-11 17:11:01

Any changes. Bleeding, variations in colour, black spots, shapes not symmetrical

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now