Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone with CSF/ME???

(4 Posts)
WhoremoaneeGrainger Fri 15-Jul-11 13:25:38

Been told this morning that my chronic exhaustion/sore throate/enlarged glands/joint pain is CSF/ME, and not down to a change in diabetets meds/throat infection as first thought.

Have had a barrage of bllods that indicate this is the diagnosis.

I am Type 2 Diabetic, on insulin, and also have underactive thyroid (250mcg Thryoxine daily).

ANyone have any advice on how i cope with this?

WhoremoaneeGrainger Fri 15-Jul-11 13:26:10

sorry about typos, eyes wont focus properly today.

lollipop69 Fri 15-Jul-11 18:51:31

Hi, I have just been diagnosed with ME today and I also have underactive thyroid 250mcg a day. My doctor has advised me to keep a diary of every single little thing I do (even sitting and watching telly) for two weeks to try and help identfiy if anything specific triggers 'bad days'. Once a diary is completed then he will work on coping strategies for me.
Hope your GP is as sympathetic to your needs and helpful as mine.

CFSKate Sat 16-Jul-11 08:19:54

Hi, we have a big thread on ME here

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/1105040-Could-I-have-mild-ME/AllOnOnePage

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: