Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Any ideas why DD's poo is green - constantly?

(4 Posts)
Astonmartinis Fri 15-Jul-11 09:51:05

DD is 5 months and has green (ranging from khaki to broccoli coloured) poo and has had this for nearly 4 months I reckon. Only very briefly see the brown or yellow variety. Sometimes grainy but mostly quite runny. Sorry for details, but I'm sure you're not too sensitive having to deal with the stuff yourselves. Any ideas?

paddypoopants Fri 15-Jul-11 10:58:01

Is she bf or bottle fed? My ds's poo was green for the first 4 months and he was ebf. The doctor etc were not worried as he was putting weight on (he fed all the time) and I was told he had a slightly immature gut so things were going through him a little quickly. The seed like bits in it were undigested fat. He also did loads of them -5 or 6 a day. It settled down somewhere between 4 and 5 months and we went to the yellow coloured ones of a ebf baby every 3 days or so.
It can also sometimes be a sign of an intolerance to something like dairy, the other baby with green poo in our baby group turned out to be lactose intolerant. If she seems well enough and not gassy or anything I wouldn't be too worried, green poo seems to be a fairly common thing. Have you seen your GP?

curlykate99 Fri 15-Jul-11 20:03:30

Baby poop photos

Astonmartinis Sun 17-Jul-11 13:32:40

Very very helpful you two. She's ebf and I reckon you're right, Paddy, it may be going through her too quickly.
Curly, those photos are v scary! I think she's only really matched one of them..!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: