Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sick of feeling crap......

(4 Posts)
kidsscareme Wed 13-Jul-11 19:06:23

I work very long hours which can involve alot of travel. I try to eat ell but its difficult when rushing through airports and staying in hotels.

Ive now got a cold for the 3rd time in 2 months and Im generally feeling quite tired. Can anyone recommend a good tonic or pick me upper to get me back on track before my travel season starts up again in Sept?

Thanks

bacon Wed 13-Jul-11 19:14:24

nothing - because your body is telling you something. All these tonics are a taste of time, eat well, get some good sleep and rest - doesnt cost you a thing!

cjbartlett Wed 13-Jul-11 19:15:41

Sounds like stress

Do you take vitamins? Get fresh air or have a swim in the hotels you have to stay in?

kidsscareme Wed 13-Jul-11 19:44:43

Thanks for replying. If only it was that easy bacon! But I know you're right

cj Stress is probably a factor. I find it very hard to switch off and never get through a night without waking up a few times at least.

I dont take vitamins, sometimes take berrocca (sp) boost when I have a particularly busy week.

I dont exercise anymore cause Im too tired but I know that Id feel better if I pushed myself to do it.

Also think Im going to stop drinking as much. Im using wine as a destresser and its now getting to 4/5 nights per week rather than 1/2 nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now