Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TMI:feels/looks like nappy rash

(5 Posts)
helpimsore Wed 13-Jul-11 08:41:36

sorry for TMI (am a reg but have name changed)

I am 9 months pregnant and having a lot of vaginal discharge-not smelly (have had this right through the pregnancy) I have been using panty liners but the last week I have become very sore and look like I have nappy rash. I have had a swab done at the midwives and there's no infection. Is is my second pregnancy. I have tried:talc,sudocrem,metonium,sanitary towels,panty liners,tena lady. I also do pelvic floor exercises.

I had two days of no rash,itch or soreness but this morning it is back. It is making me miserable. What else can I try? Is there any way of reducing the discharge?? I am dreading going into labour, it hurts and I look like a baboon bum sad

Sorry it's long, thanks in advance.

starfishmummy Wed 13-Jul-11 09:00:02

The stuff you are using could be making it worse. Try washing with plain water (only when necessary) and making sure everything is properly dry by using a hairdryer on a low setting. And ask the midwives to do another swab, in case something is brewing and din't show up.

starfishmummy Wed 13-Jul-11 09:01:00

"didn't"

melika Wed 13-Jul-11 09:02:47

What about Canestan?

helpimsore Wed 13-Jul-11 09:32:02

Thanks for replies. I have been washing with just plain water and trying to ensure total dryness by using the talc, will try hair dryer thanks.

Someone else suggested it may be thrush so will try canesten. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now