Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really bizarre rash..

(3 Posts)
BethanRebecca Tue 12-Jul-11 23:22:30

Ok, sorry for the essay!
A few weeks ago my scalp started really itching on and off, and then a couple of days ago it started continuously itching. Then on sunday, i came up in the weirdest blotchy rash i have ever seen, on the insides of my arms, legs & tummy. It wasn't itching much, and i thought it might be heat rash!
Then yesterday afternoon, one of the blotches came up on the inside of my wrist, and became extremely painful! My hand then started to tingle, and swell up.
I went to the doctor, and he was most unhelpful, saying that he had no idea what it was, and that i should take anti - allergy tablets, which i did.
My rash had really gone down when i woke up this morning, but this evening it's got worse, my scalps been itching like mad, my hands are itching and now my top lip is swelling!!
I've never had an allergic reaction before, is this one!? Has anyone had a similar experience!?

lulalullabye Tue 12-Jul-11 23:39:43

If you are having swelling to your lips then you need to go to A&E. You are obviously having an allergic reaction to something but if you go to A&E they can give you strong anti histamines and steroids if needed.
A swollen lip is a sign that you need to do something about it now.

BethanRebecca Wed 13-Jul-11 09:09:04

Thankyou very much, after reading your reply i went to hospital, and had some injections, and have been given steroids. Thanks so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now