Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tens machines; advice please

(3 Posts)
Ormirian Mon 11-Jul-11 15:05:24

I have been recommended on here to try a TENS for my stupid painful back that doesn't seem to get any better sad

All the ones I can afford are battery powered - anyone have experience of how long they are likely to last? Are we talking hours or use, or days? It could end up being a false economy to buy cheaper ones if they use batteries like there's no tomorow!

Thanks

notcitrus Mon 11-Jul-11 15:46:19

I got a second-hand Boots one - I think it took 4 DD batteries. It lasted for a few times of a couple hours for backache on low setting, plus a few hours on higher setting and then an hour or so on max during labour.
I did find that rechargeables were a tiny bit larger and thus didn't fit, so for long term-use that might be an issue. Do you have pound shops selling decent batteries near you?

Being battery-powered gives you the flexibility to move around so would recommend it. Try Ebay (where I got mine)

Ormirian Mon 11-Jul-11 15:50:47

Yes we have a pound shop. Thanks notcitrus - I have got one now from Amazon - good reviews.

I went to the chiro today and he crunched a few vertebrae and I feel a bit better but it's still achey. Hence the urgency = I can see me using the thing 24 hrs a day as thing are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now