Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bumped hand over 2months ago now I'm getting pains

(4 Posts)
lexcat Sat 09-Jul-11 13:48:03

I'm not sure but was thinking a possible broken bone in the hand. Had a nasty bruise and thought of going to the Dr but never did. 5-6 weeks later was still tender to touch. Then I had a fall about 4 weeks ago and badly hurt my shoulder so my hand was kind of forgotten. Then suddenly a about a weeks ago I had a dull shooting pain from the bump running up my middle finger (bumped just below the knuckle of the middle finger). Have made an appointment with Dr (was getting physio for the shoulder.)

Is their much they can do now if it was broken as it would have healed by now. Or if they can do anything what is most likely.

sprinkles77 Sat 09-Jul-11 14:14:51

Probably get it checked out. My Ex had this but left it for years. They found a bit of necrotic bone in his hand that had to be removed and replaced with a bone graft from his hip held in with a titanium screw. Hopefully, being less of a prat than he was, you won't need anything as drastic as that!

lexcat Sat 09-Jul-11 16:04:27

Here's hoping it's not that bad.

lexcat Sun 10-Jul-11 09:33:59

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now