Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tranexamic acid and the pill together?

(2 Posts)
froot Sat 09-Jul-11 11:51:07

I am about to go on hols and so have started taking Microgynon 30 pill to delay my period (norethisterone gives me horrific acne so cant take it). Started taking microgynon on day 1 of cycle as instructed, it is now da 14 and I am STILL bleeding!!!!! So my plan seems to be backfiring and holiday looming. I have bough some tranexamic acid otc (Femstrual) as I thought this might stop the bleeding but was told it cannot be taken with the pill (which it also says in the leaflet). I have googled but cannot find out why this is, but I did find one 'chat' where a GP had prescribed both together. Any medics out there who can tell me why? It may be because of blood clot risk but I have no other risk factors and I am not flying on my hols so no increased risk there.....if it is simply due to side effects I would put up with that, anything to stop the darned bleeding!!

WhoremoaneeGrainger Mon 11-Jul-11 12:10:44

I have had both together, as prescribed by my GP. Had been "on" for 8 weeks, but it took 9 days of the tranexamic acid before it stopped altogether.

Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now