Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

small lumps in abdomen, just below right ribs. Gall bladder?

(7 Posts)
Wheeelybug Fri 08-Jul-11 21:32:43

I'm going to make an appt with my GP on Monday, but needed wanted to see if anybody had any similar experience?

I have a couple of lumps in my upper right abdomen, right below my ribs, and I think in the area where my gall bladder is. It's been a couple of weeks, but they've started being slightly painful today and I'm worried that it's something serious. It feels a bit odd. Obviously I'm not expecting a diagnosis, just people's experience.

Have name-changed for this, in case family members have sussed me online and don't want to worry them...

Wheeelybug Fri 08-Jul-11 21:34:05

I did google (i know, I know) but oddly it put my mind at rest because i'd convinced myself it was liver cancer (why??) and I'm hoping it's something as simple as a cyst.

MoreBeta Fri 08-Jul-11 21:39:25

I don't think you can feel your gall baldder with your fingers. My own expereince was a gall bladder with gall stones in it and one trapped in the duct was like someone is sticking a knife in me, cold sweats, vomiting and very ill. I still could not feel the gall ballder though with my fingers.

mummyplum Fri 08-Jul-11 21:42:37

I have gallbladder disease and i can see a lump on the right side. Surgeon has told me this is from inflammation in the area. BUT, could be anything in your case - see your Dr x

mummyplum Fri 08-Jul-11 21:43:57

ps - don't google, have been a victim myself of feeding my inner hypercondriac!

Wheeelybug Fri 08-Jul-11 21:47:39

It's in exactly the right place, and the small lumps lead right along where the bottom of my liver is. There's one about the size of a large pea, and then 2-3 smaller less distinct lumps.

I won't google anymore.. god knows when I'll be able to get to an appointment though, but will def call the GP on Monday.

I don't think it's gall stones Beta, I would definitely expect more pain.. it doesn't feel painful as such, just more aware that there's something there that shouldn't be, and it's a little bit uncomfortable, like there is something swollen maybe.

Wheeelybug Fri 08-Jul-11 23:11:08

Nobody else with wise words?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now