Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone recognise these symptoms??

(6 Posts)
FoofusScrimgeour Fri 08-Jul-11 13:07:34

More and more frequently I am physically exhausted. Feel a bit tired in myself but more that it takes an insane amount of effort to move a limb. Even my fingers ache. Right now everything including my bum cheeks hurt.
It's difficult because with DCs school, nursery and other things I do a heck of a lot of walking which can be so difficult to put one foot in front of the other I could cry.
Accompanying this is a weird compulsion to eat and drink. As if I think that the next thing I eat/drink will give me the energy to go on. Then it doesn't so I have something else.
I was diagnosed with Fybromyalgia about 10 years ago but it seemed to ease off and I haven't had any problems for an absolute age. Can't even really remember the symptoms of fibromyalgia properly. Could this be it? or something else entirely?
I will go to the GP I think but wondered if they sounded familiar to anyone.

FoofusScrimgeour Fri 08-Jul-11 13:33:12

bump

knockinonyerdoor Fri 08-Jul-11 13:42:23

I'm no way an expert, but this does sound like fibromyalgia. The symptoms can come and go, and definitely can include achy pain and tiredness, so you really don't feel like you can do anything at all.

Go back to your GP.

Bump for anyone else with advice!

FoofusScrimgeour Fri 08-Jul-11 16:06:41

Thankyou knockin I'm beginning to think that must be although I don't know about the weird eating thing.
Bump just in case.

nanatothree Fri 08-Jul-11 21:13:18

Could be overactive thyroid. I had this and the tiredness is awful. Apart from the blood test the consultant asked me to stand and sit down on a chair 10 times. Needless to say I couldn't do it (managed 4) as it can cause weakness in the thigh muscles. The effort to put one foot in front of another is awful which made me exhausted for work (all downhill to get there) and unable to walk home (uphill) and DH having to pick me up in the car! I used to feel exhausted just getting out of bed!
Also increased appetite well known symptom, have you had weight loss? I would book a GP appointment for blood test.

FoofusScrimgeour Fri 08-Jul-11 21:48:36

Thanks for answering nana. I have underactive thyroid have had it about 10 years now so I'm not sure how that would work. I have lost a little weight but not significant. DH has just suggested Diabetes which I just don't know about. I am not obese or massively over my Height/weight ratio so I don't know.

am def going to the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now