Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gauze stuck to tattoo scab (just removed) HELP!!

(6 Posts)
lookslikeacoconut Thu 07-Jul-11 23:09:35

Had first session of tattoo removal today - the non-laser kind where they tattoo cream in that draws the ink out of the skin. I very stupidly left gauze dressing on too long and now one thin layer is stuck onto the whole area!

Aftercare instructions say clearly not to get area wet, and dont force off dressing if it gets stuck. But surely I can't leave gauze stuck on for the full 7-10 days it takes for scab to form and come away!! Feel so stupid at getting the thing in the first place and now this . Please help!! I certainly don't want to be left with a scab in the shape of my tattoo

And before anyone asks, no, it's not a Taz or me fella's name.

PaintedToenails Thu 07-Jul-11 23:24:52

Don't panic. Just leave the stuck gauze on over night and then ring the place you had it done in the morning. Nothing will happen overnight and it may have come off on it's own when you wake up!

I always wanted a Taz tattoo, guess I'm just common.......hehe.

mo3d Thu 07-Jul-11 23:27:43

Would putting olive oil on it help?

Obv if the instructions say not to do this, then please ignore me!

Sidge Thu 07-Jul-11 23:39:03

You could try a thin layer of Vaseline and see if that lifts the gauze.

lookslikeacoconut Thu 07-Jul-11 23:48:28

It's stuck good and proper - resisting urge to pull it off quickly! I suppose oil isnt the same as getting it wet.. Will ask. Thanks for replies, will ring them first thing tomorrow.

lookslikeacoconut Sat 09-Jul-11 09:50:12

Was advised to wet area with cotton wool pads dipped in sterile water, peel gauze off (oww) and put hydrogen peroxide on to 'dry out' the area - I used 1.5%, prescribed to me by doc. Went against everything in aftercare instructions by getting it wet, but dressing needed to come off as it's still classed as an open wound.. On scars-watch now.
Will come back with results of tattoo removal treatment, if only to warn MNers never to go near it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now