Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rectal Prolapse or still healing

(4 Posts)
Alamaya Thu 07-Jul-11 12:21:40

I had my baby 9 weeks ago and noticed a few weeks back that when i struggled to do a bowel movement i felt a bump inside my vagina, on the back wall. You can gently press it and it feels like a bag of water. iyswim. Also having constipation since birth and on bad constipation days have to sometimes press on anus edges to aid myself so sorry tmi.

Worrying myself stupid that i have a rectal prolapse especially hearing they are common after quick births. I would say an hour from first contraction to birth quick eh.

But please sayi could still just be healing and could this sort itself. Could kegels sort. Surely the fact i only notice it after a strong bowel movement is a good sign?
Not had my postnatal check yet. Booked in for next week.

PaintedToenails Thu 07-Jul-11 20:52:07

Have you looked up symptoms and stuff on t'internet?

www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/r/rectal-prolapse

It doesn't sound like any prolapses I have seen (ex-nurse, not a weird hobby grin but if it's concerning you, talk to the midwife/health visitor/GP about it.

HUGS xxxx

StiffyByng Fri 08-Jul-11 16:42:36

Have you had much constipation before? What you're describing sounds like you're just quite constipated. I hope so anyway, or there's something wrong with me!

Footle Fri 08-Jul-11 18:37:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now