Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How can I make these palpatations stop?

(4 Posts)
giraffesCantZumba Tue 05-Jul-11 11:38:32

I have a high temp so thats what Dr yesterday said is causing it. On pain killers - so they should help temp.

Got chest pain and palpatations and yesterday was tachycardic, assume am just now too.

Its horrible. Am lying down, laptop, tv, cuppa tea, not jumping about stressed and its still pounding away really sore.

altmum Tue 05-Jul-11 13:00:06

Hi there.
Hope you are feeling better. How tachycardic are you? Did you actually get reviwed by a doctor or was it phone advice?. You should cut out the tea straight away - caffeine is a cardiac stimulant. Hope you temperature has come down - it does cause the heart rate to quicken. But you shouldn't really have chest pains - if that persists you should seek medical help again. Keep us updated please and get well soon.

ThatllDoPig Tue 05-Jul-11 13:06:13

Was going to say the same about the tea. I get all fluttery if I have more than one cup of coffee a day.
Hope you feel better soon.

noddyholder Tue 05-Jul-11 13:12:31

I would go back if you have pain. The palpitations that come with a temp don't usually cause pain. Are you breathless?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now