Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Back pain and sleep. Help I'm desperate.

(5 Posts)
AtYourCervix Tue 05-Jul-11 08:18:52

I haven't had a decent night sleep since January. Every time I turn over it wakes me up.

I have a scan next week to see what's really wrong with it.

But do you have any tips and/or cures? How can I get more sleep. I'm just so tired.

smee Tue 05-Jul-11 10:09:04

Only thing which worked for me were co-codamol. They didn't get me all the way through the night, but gave me a few hours. I used to take one, plus some herbal sleeping pills from Holland & Barrett and the combination knocked me out for about 5 hours, which was enough to get me through. Really hope the scan has some answers for you. sad

jjgirl Tue 05-Jul-11 13:15:25

neat eucalyptus oil, it really does numb the local nerves. apply very liberaly all round the pain area. have you seen an osteopath as well?

AtYourCervix Tue 05-Jul-11 16:44:41

seen an osteopath, i'm a sensitive soul so can't take many decent drugs and i find anything i do take wears off after a few hours and then i spend the second half of the night waking up groaning.

how long do the herby slepping pills work for? do they leave you hungover?

smee Tue 05-Jul-11 17:08:47

You sound a bit like me, as am a lightweight with drugs too. The normal dose of co-codamol is 2, but I can only cope with 1. The Herby drugs are definitely worth a try - depends which brand you get, but check for Valerian/ Hops combos - should say ingredients on the box. Start taking lowest dose then build if no effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now