Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Waking up with bad nausaea - not pg , so what is it?

(9 Posts)
jetgirl Mon 04-Jul-11 21:08:26

I thought I was pg a week ago (AF a week late, other pg symptoms) but I tested negative then period arrived later that day.

I am still getting really bad nausaea, mainly in the morning, but can be after I've eaten. Went to gp who said it was prob just a virus and to rest. I don't do being ill very well, I don't have time for it and normally can just crack on with things, but I am feeling really laid low by this. This morning I ended up on the floor crying because I just didn't have the strength to take DD to school. DH worked from home so I've been able to rest and as the day goes on I tend to feel better.

I am now at the point where I am afraid to go to bed because I don't want to wake up feeling that awful again sad I want to get up and go to work tomorrow, I can't be doing with this and it's getting me down. What can I do to make me better?

(I realise this sounds very self-pitying, I am being, for once, no normally my style!)

jetgirl Mon 04-Jul-11 21:23:33

shameless bump

shitmagnet Tue 05-Jul-11 10:26:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Butterflybows Tue 05-Jul-11 19:57:04

Any chance it could be Candida (sp?) ?

bacon Wed 06-Jul-11 08:12:09

I have suffered on and off for years now put it down to IBS. Taking the usual IBS tablets seem to calm it all down. Is it possible constipation. The whole thing makes me feel revolting.

Acid can also give you morning nausea. Eating late, alcohol, overweight, lack of excercise etc can also make acid worse. The occassional swig of gavison in the evenings help if I walk up in the nights with the acid.

Are you blocked up at all could be sinus pressure too, making mucus flow down the back of the throat????

Hope any of these can point you in the right direction.

jetgirl Wed 06-Jul-11 11:20:50

Thank you.

shitmagnet - I think it probably is viral, it's just so wearing and I'm fed up with it. At least everyone else at home has avoided it! Felt ok yesterday, but had to go back to bed this morning. I probably overdid it at work yesterday.

bacon - a few useful ideas there, will invest in some gaviscon. I have been careful to avoid anything acidic, following the brat diet (bananas, rice, apples, toast). DH has bought loads of orange juice as that's his cure for everything, bless! Definitely no constipation - the opposite in fact, and I'm currently weighing in at 8 stone, normally 8 and a half but have eaten less in the last week or so.

butterflybows - will look at candida symptoms

bacon Wed 06-Jul-11 11:58:15

Wow 8 stone - possibly why yr feeling sooo bad and on diets, stating that yr over pooing really gives it away why you feel so bad, no wonder your body if going nuts. Orange juice is hidious for heartburn terrible nasty stuff, water it down.

No need to look at candida I think your body is trying to tell you something.

jetgirl Wed 06-Jul-11 12:57:27

You've misunderstood me! I don't do diets, brat is very good when you have stomach upset. I usually have a healthy, varied diet, but just can't eat a lot at the moment. Trust me, I want to be back to normal diet and weight, but am avoiding stuff which currently makes me feel bad, which is almost everything at the moment. I'm not touching the orange juice, I think DH thinks everything can be cured with vitamin c!

bagelmonkey Wed 06-Jul-11 13:09:30

Have you repeated the pregnancy test? I know you said you had a period, but it might be worth repeating just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now