Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How were your fibroids diagnosed and what treatment did you have?

(5 Posts)
LargeGlassofRed Mon 04-Jul-11 19:41:07

I had an ultrasound scan today and I had lots of things ? In my uterus,
I asked if they were fibroids as my mum had them and I have similar symtoms.
She said she couldn't tell by the ultrasound scan and my Gp would get the results within the week.

So what tests if any am I likely to have next.?
I have had pain near my right hip in my stomach for months and I can feel something there, but she didn't scan that part if my stomach just my uterous and ovaries which she said looked clear.

LargeGlassofRed Mon 04-Jul-11 20:14:19

Anyone?

tyler80 Mon 04-Jul-11 20:24:55

Fibroids were diagnosed by ultrasound, treatment has been watch and wait.

ell1 Mon 04-Jul-11 20:27:46

Hi, I am actually having a Fibroid removed on Thursday. First off I went to my GP who did a smear, then I went on to have an Ultrasound and also something like a 'wand' put into my Uterus to have a look around. Then I got an appointment with a Gynae who performed another internal with a camera (which really bloody hurt!) and it was decided I needed the Fibroid out under General, but with no incisions.
I'm pleased and just looking forward to no more 5 week periods, heavy periods, severe period pains, bloating, kicking, etc.

Hope this helps. xxx

LargeGlassofRed Mon 04-Jul-11 20:56:18

Thanks my periods have been awful lately, about every 18 days and so heavy i got through a whole packet of 18 super tampax on sat. Feel pregnant and my stomach perminatly bloated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now