Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how to fix your pelvic floor

(12 Posts)
ristretto Mon 04-Jul-11 18:54:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DrSeuss Mon 04-Jul-11 21:49:24

I got a battery powered doofer from ebay that worked really well.

KilledBill Mon 04-Jul-11 22:20:06

Thats a pretty poor response from your GP to be honest.

The tampon issue does suggest that you have a small prolapse, have you had children? Any other issues like chronic constipation etc that may increase the likelyhood?

Its no good telling you to "do exercises" because studies have shown many women do them wrong or not enough. You at least need a refferal to a proper physio who can guide you, check you do them right and give you information on how many you need for your particular condition.

norksinmywaistband Mon 04-Jul-11 22:33:25

I would telephone your local womens health physio. most services allow self referral
they can assess the problem and offer advice and treatment for a weak pelvic floor or should be able to refer on to a consultant if necessary.
TBH it does sound like you have a small prolapse.I agree you definitely need a second opinion

ristretto Tue 05-Jul-11 12:45:01

Madlizzy Tue 05-Jul-11 12:46:10

Go back and get a second opinion.

ristretto Tue 05-Jul-11 13:01:06

norksinmywaistband Tue 05-Jul-11 17:34:55

Thought about the difficulty inserting tampons to the prolapse tbh, also did she only examine you in lying or in standing as well?

Yes to the same treatment for a prolapse, but if there is no improvement of your symptoms with exercise ( exercises can only strengthen the pelvic floor and reduce symptoms, cannot correct a prolapse) and you have completed your family, there are surgical options.

I really would bite the bullet and go for another assessment.

Where abouts do you live?

ristretto Tue 05-Jul-11 19:35:50

norksinmywaistband Tue 05-Jul-11 20:17:57

TBH it does sound like you have a weak pelvic floor and a small uterine prolapse, from the information you have given
You really need further examination and preferably in standing if that is the position that is causing problems.

Please see if you can have further assessment

KilledBill Tue 05-Jul-11 23:35:29

It sounds like potruding cervix. If you think about it, your pelvic floor is actually a muscle, it being "weak" wont block tampons, something has to be pushing it down.

CamperFan Sun 10-Jul-11 21:41:15

ristretto I have been worrying about this lately, am going to go to GP this week. Have you been back to your doctor?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now