Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Night Sweats (and not meonpausel age)

(3 Posts)
Madmammy12 Mon 04-Jul-11 17:02:36

Hi, I've recently had an Hysteroscopy & D&C due to having uterine polyps, but since having this, what is deemed a simple proceudre, I have been having really bad night sweats. They are so bad I have to change my clothes and sheets, its starting to drive me demented having to get up at 3/4 in the morning and being soaked, having to change everything and then I have to jump into the shower as I feel awful.....I mentioned this to my gp at my checkup and he said its most probably a hormonal unbalance? But its driving me crazy.....any one any idea's??? I think I'm too young to be starting the meonpause (is 33 too young for that??)

Thanks for your time.

MM

MM

Elibean Mon 04-Jul-11 18:12:25

Its not impossible (menopause) but very unlikely. I would go back to the GP, and not just 'mention' but really tell him how bad the night sweats are - and how intolerable. Ask for a check up, if needs be.

I would want a blood test to check hormone levels (might have to be done on specific day of your cycle) and a general overhaul!

I suppose if your procedure was very recent (less than 2 weeks ago) it would be a good idea to wait a bit, in case it somehow unsettled your cycle and hormones....but sounds as though you feel fobbed off, and you shouldn't be. Good luck, hope it stops soon!

Madmammy12 Mon 11-Jul-11 11:55:41

Thanks Elibean, well they have stopped! Went back to GP and discovered I had quiet a bad infection (with no symptons other than the night sweats) so got that sorted with antibiotics and cream, and they have stopped...procedure seems to have made a great difference too so hopefully things are on the up!

thanks for the advice.

MM smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now