Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any good remedies for cyclical breast pain?

(3 Posts)
Clarence15 Mon 04-Jul-11 16:14:20

Every month (for about 2 or 3 years now) I get breast pain. It literally starts the day after I ovulate (I can pinpoint it this way) and continues until about a day before af starts. My cycles also seem to be getting shorter, so I now have sore boobs a lot of the time.

I've seen the dr and there's no underlying issues, it's just hormonal and not much can be done. They're sometimes so painful though, I can hardly lift my arms. I have to take painkillers sometimes and it's not getting any better.

I've tried taking EPO, magnesium and vit e but they didn't make any difference. Does anyone know of any other remedies that work? The dr did say I could go on the pill if I wanted but I don't really as I'm nearly 37 and it gives me other problems.

madmomma Mon 04-Jul-11 21:50:20

try seeing a homeopath. (wouldn't recommend buying over the counter - a good homeopath is worth the outlay). I had some terrible bouts of breast pain about 10 yrs ago - all the GP gave me was the pill & strong painkillers. The pain was horrendous and it went on for months. I saw a fantastic homeopath who prescribed me conium 30 - though you may need a different one. It was absolutely amazing - no more pain! Worth a go. Good Luck

Clarence15 Tue 05-Jul-11 07:07:24

Thanks I'll give it a try. Someone once mentioned acupuncture too although I've never got round to trying that. Glad it helped you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now