Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

endometrial ablation

(4 Posts)
redonblond Mon 04-Jul-11 15:20:36

Hi, I had endometrial ablation 10 months ago with great effect. From having very heavy periods that lasted 10 days, I was having 3-4 day periods with very light flow. However this month I have had no period at all although i still had cramping and the usual PMS symptoms. Why has my period suddenly stopped and is this normal so long after surgery??

redonblond Tue 05-Jul-11 07:40:29

Any one?

orangeflutie Tue 05-Jul-11 10:49:46

I'm not sure really it may just be that you miss a period this month. I missed one last month. Like you I've had endometrial ablation, however my surgery was 16 months ago. I've found the same in that my periods have got a lot lighter and shorter, but I do occasionally miss a month.

How old are you? I'm 43 and have just put my symptoms down to getting older and poss approaching perimenopause.

redonblond Tue 05-Jul-11 12:13:00

Thanks for that. Reassuring to speak to someone going through same. Im also 43 years old. I think my periods have been getting lighter and lighter over last 10 months, but thought if they were going to stop after the endometrial ablation they would have before now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now