Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really don't think I could be pregnant so what is going on?

(5 Posts)
kindlekid Sun 03-Jul-11 19:29:04

Last sex on 28th May. We're not TTC and used a condom. I seemed to have a perfectly normal period starting 8th June.

I have a very regular 23 day cycle (short and very annoying in regularity) and had all my usual PMT as expected but no period.

All PMT symptoms etc. have disappeared and no sign of period arriving.

It's 26 days since LMP now - not very long in general but 3 days late for me. I haven't had a cycle longer than 23 days since period returned after dd2 over 18 months ago.

Hmm. Will have to test tomorrow but feel silly as very little sex, condom and 1 period lead me to think no way I could be.

Could I?

Elibean Sun 03-Jul-11 19:32:56

Unlikely, but possible.

As you know smile

Other possibility is an anovulatory cycle - occasional one-off no-egg cycle, which confuses the body which then either holds on to uterine lining until next period due, or has a confusing mid-cycle period when it realises nothing is happening. Something like that anyway!

Yes, test tomorrow.....

dontwantanickname Mon 04-Jul-11 08:14:46

i have often had all the horrendous pmt symptoms only for no actual bleed. I don't know why. my docs don't seem bothered but then they don't seem to want to do anything about my other health probs (like the fact i often cant walk) so nothing new there.

thanks Elibean for the 'anovulatory' term, i will search it up, had no idea there was a name for it or that anyone else had it, thought it was just me with my crazy body!

kindlekid Mon 04-Jul-11 18:11:28

Thanks for the replies.

Period still AWOL. No chance to get a test today but will get one tomorrow.

Can't decide whether to tell DH or wait til I test.

He isn't keen on the idea of another baby at the moment but don't think he would take it too badly. Might just wait til I test.

I'm secretly hoping I am pg.

Elibean Mon 04-Jul-11 18:13:18

I guessed you might be wink

I would talk to my dh, personally, but thats me - either way, test, test!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now