Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

This isn't BV, is it? :(

(3 Posts)
PlayThatFunkyMusic Sun 03-Jul-11 17:20:05

Diagnosed with BV two weeks ago, felt pretty dry and scratchy, unclean. I've had it before so I knew what it was when it developed. They gave me 400mg of metronidazole to take a day for 5 days, which I did, and it looked better.

Had sex with DP on Thursday night and felt the same again, dry, scratchy, unclean. So I made an appt at the doctors for next week.

Yesterday I had some really, really weird discharge. It was kind of a strong yellow/orange colour when I wiped, but what surprised me was there was a.. urgh, thick lump of discharge about the size of a 5p and the only way I can describe it was that it was like ear wax. Horrible. Today I've had the same thing again, more similar semi solid discharge sad. I haven't had sex since Thursday because I'm panicking a bit now. I'm not pregnant because I've been on Implanon for 9 months.

I'm making it worse because I feel unclean and I'm paranoid somebody might be able to smell me so I'm having a bath every day, not using any products but making sure I'm very clean, which I know is making it worse.

When I was diagnosed for BV I was tested for STDs and other infections, everything came back clear. So I'm a bit worried really!

OddBoots Sun 03-Jul-11 17:26:40

I had a quick google and found this which suggests it probably is BV but maybe the antibiotic isn't working?

PlayThatFunkyMusic Sun 03-Jul-11 17:34:22

Wow, thanks OddBoots that's made me feel so much better! I've never had the orange discharge with it before and the lumps made me panic a bit.

When I had it in 2010 I was given the gels which were brilliant. I asked for them this time but was given tablets hmm. Will insist on gels when I go on Tuesday. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: