Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mooncup - sizing

(2 Posts)
smokinaces Sat 02-Jul-11 18:53:47

Hi, I wondered if I could rack your brains.

I have been using a mooncup for 4 years on and off. I'm 28 and have had 2 children - both my c-sections. I have a size B and its always been fine.

This is my first period after having my coil fitted and I'm having a few issues. Its not heavy, but I'm feeling that "bubble feeling" and slight leakage when the cup is only about 1/3 full (about 3-4 hours in). I have checked all the seals and checked it is in the right place and fully opened but it keeps happening.

I'm 29 next month, and I know the A size is for 30+ - does it sound like I need it now? Is it much bigger?!?!

and this is a probably a really dumb question, but could a larger, ahem, partner make a difference?! My ex was not very big, but the guy I've been having a thing with for a few weeks is rather well endowed (certain positions only wink ) and it seems to coincide with my leakage blush

RuthChan Sun 03-Jul-11 18:39:52

It wouldn't be unusual for someone of 28 years old to find that they would be better off with a size A, instead of a size B.
It is only a guideline.

The difference in size between the two is really not great, only a couple of millimeters, however that is enough to guarantee a better seal in most people.

I would recommend that you buy the size A and give it a try. If it's better for you, great. If it isn't, you can leave it in a draw for another year or two when you are quite likely to need it.

As for how relevant the size of your partner is, I'm afraid I couldn't really comment! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now