Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Another dental query ....

(6 Posts)
gingeroots Fri 01-Jul-11 18:21:15

Have had what I assume is a mouth ulcer on roof of my mouth for about 5 days .
( I ate some pear drops and assume this is cause blush blush ) although there was a couple of days delay between the eating and soreness .
It is getting better - lots of Corsodyl mouthwash ,but one of my front teeth ,which has quite heavt gum erosion is now feeling sore as well .

Should I be worried ? Use something else to treat it ?

belledechocchipcookie Sat 02-Jul-11 12:23:08

Have you been to your dentist??

gingeroots Sat 02-Jul-11 17:45:58

Not recently - do you think a mouth ulcer and possibly related sensitivity/soreness from long standing gum erosion means an early appt should be booked ?

belledechocchipcookie Sat 02-Jul-11 17:58:43

Mouth ulcers are usually caused by an injury to the gum (ie, whacking yourself with a toothbrush) or by an immune problem. More then 5 at once should be checked with the GP. You should go about the soreness and sensitivity though, they should be keeping an eye on the errosion to ensure it doesn't get any worse.

I'll keep bumping incase someone with more knowledge then me comes along smile

gingeroots Sat 02-Jul-11 18:14:47

Thank you belle - aren't some mouth ulcers caused by too much sugar in the mouth ?

belledechocchipcookie Sat 02-Jul-11 18:33:13

I've not heard of that before. I think the sugar breaks down and errodes the teeth. Decay is from the bacteria that feed off the sugar. It's been a long time since I've done dental stuff though so I may be completely wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now