Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mammogram help please

(8 Posts)
EarthMotherImNot Fri 01-Jul-11 09:12:08

I have a back and hip problem at the moment which is responding well to treatment but still causes pain if I stand for any length of time.

I am due a mammogram next week, is it ok to ask if I can be seated during this or is standing upright the norm?

EarthMotherImNot Fri 01-Jul-11 11:46:05

Bump plz

izzybizzybuzzybees Fri 01-Jul-11 11:48:14

Hi,
You will need to stand for your mammogram due to the equipment they use and also the positions you need to be placed in.

Footle Fri 01-Jul-11 12:17:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EarthMotherImNot Fri 01-Jul-11 12:28:50

Thanks for your replies. Not exactly what I wanted to hear mindsmile how do disabled women have mammograms, if, for example, they are wheelchair bound?

CMOTdibbler Fri 01-Jul-11 13:02:16

You can have a mammogram seated - the equipment is height adjustable right down to accomodate people who are wheelchair users. Just advise the radiographers that you need to sit

EarthMotherImNot Fri 01-Jul-11 13:04:10

Oh thank you CMOT, that is a reliefsmile

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 01-Jul-11 13:22:56

yes,was going to say that too- there is a seat where I have mammograms presumably for those who can't stand

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now