Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lipoma and muscle pain

(3 Posts)
HelloMyNameIsHilda Tue 28-Jun-11 17:08:37

I just recently found a weird lump on my right shoulder - big, irregular, spongey feeling. I spoke to a friend who is a GP and she reckons it'll be a benign lipoma, which is some sort of pretty normal fatty tissue tumour type thing, fairly non worrying. But my neck and upper back on that side have been really sore, and my arm when I lift stuff. And I've been having really nasty headaches and exhaustion. I don't like this, not one little bit. Apart from anything else my shoulder (I used to have such pretty shoulders [sob]) now looks like it has a hump dragging forward on it.

has anyone else had anything like this? will it go away? is the pain normal?

don't want to bother my pal with my irrational terrors but would like some reassuring words nonetheless!

thanks

pepperrabbit Tue 28-Jun-11 17:14:03

I think i would go to see my own GP as well to get some advice - also it gets it logged on your notes and they can see if it gets bigger over time.
My DH has one of these on his back, GP checked it thoroughly, said 99.9% certain to be nothing sinister but referred for an ultrasound on it anyway.
It's gone down by itself before the appt so he's not done any more.
For your own peace of mind you need to get it looked at.
HTH

HelloMyNameIsHilda Tue 28-Jun-11 17:20:28

yes, of course you are right - will make an appt

glad your DHs seems to be reducing - weird things arent they?

the aging human body - a joy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now