Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Moving area - how to transfer medical care?

(1 Post)
crazycatlady Mon 27-Jun-11 22:32:44

We are moving from London to Surrey soon. Does anyone know what the process is for transferring medical care?

Both my children have a number of referrals booked in at our local hospital (St Thomas's) for general paediatrics, neurology, urology and allergy - and I want to make sure they get transferred to our new local hospital (Royal Surrey, Guildford) without going back to the bottom of the list IYSWIM.

Obviously we need to register with a local GP and dentist too. Can anyone recommend good ones in the Guildford/Woking area? We have been very spoilt in South London having an outpost of St Thomas's 5 minutes walk from our house and amazing GP care with same day appointments, immediate blood tests on site etc...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: