Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Expensive green probiotic powder: where did I get it from?

(7 Posts)
LornaGoon Mon 27-Jun-11 08:54:08

Years ago I bought a probiotic that helped me get over the end of glandular fever and helped with Delhi belly. It was quite pricey (£40!) but worth it. It was a green powder that you mix with water or apple juice, taken twice a day. It tasted like grass.

I can't for the life of me remember where I got it (mail order perhaps). Does anybody know of this? Or even something similar. My mum is going into hospital soon and she is very run down. I'd like to give it to her before she goes in.

cakesandale Mon 27-Jun-11 13:45:07

Are you thinking of wheat grass? That is toe curling expensive though not £40 thank God.

i got some in Holland and barrett - they had two kinds, one of which was £15 the other was £7.99. I bought the cheaper one and it lasts ages.

HTHx

orangina Mon 27-Jun-11 14:28:14

spirulina? VERY green, tastes a bit yuck, though not bad w juice. A bit like ground up grass clippings.....

LornaGoon Mon 27-Jun-11 16:08:15

Thanks for your replies.

Oh yes, wheat grass and spirulina...I'd forgotten about their grassy goodness and since I can't remember for the life of me the name of it (obviously doesn't benefit memory then), they sound good alternatives.

motherinferior Mon 27-Jun-11 16:11:07

It could have been wheat grass, or spirulina, or various other 'green powders' you can get. I write about this stuff from time to time. Try Victoria Health or Pukka Organics. But actually, the evidence for it isn't that great....

leolion Mon 27-Jun-11 16:14:57

Hi there, I had some when I had a really nasty virus and it was Dr Schulze's Superfood. It was about £40-is this the one?

TrilllianAstra Mon 27-Jun-11 16:21:02

www.wesawyoucoming.com ?

(if that's a real website I take no responsibility for its contents)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now