Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this internet Pharmacy genuine? Will save on pet meds if so!!

(9 Posts)
SherlockMoans Mon 27-Jun-11 00:23:27

I'm wary about buying worming tablets etc online but I noticed the Internet Pharmacy Logo on the Medicanimal website and this seems to check out with the General Pharmaceutical councils website....anyone know anything about this? Is it safe?

strawberryjelly Mon 27-Jun-11 08:58:16

is there a phone number or email details? If there is phone no I'd ring and just ask questions etc.

SherlockMoans Mon 27-Jun-11 13:45:43

LOL what like "is this the genuine product or are you fraudsters" dont think that will work will it.

I guess I need to read up on who exactly the General Pharmaceutical Council are...if they are genuine then they have issued Medicanimal with a licence so it should be OK shouldnt it?

SherlockMoans Mon 27-Jun-11 13:52:46

OK - NHS & BMJ have mentioned them so I guess its OK to buy from them.

Thats a result their Drontal plus is £1.66 a tablet, the cheapest I have found elsewhere was Day Lewis £7.64 for 2....the difference in price made me nervous (and lets not talk about what the vet charges for it!)

Flisspaps Mon 27-Jun-11 13:54:09

It looks to be ok

SherlockMoans Mon 27-Jun-11 13:54:21

I meant ok to buy from Medicanimal as they are approved by the GPC.

lilyliz Mon 27-Jun-11 19:09:08

Have bought from them for my dog everything was o.k.

xstitch Mon 27-Jun-11 19:51:52

The general pharmaceutical council are the regulatory authority for pharmacists and pharmacies. You can do a premises search on their website to confirm if the pharmacy is registered with them.

SherlockMoans Tue 28-Jun-11 11:58:03

Thanks - that makes the worming/de-fleaing process a lot less costly than going into the vets (or even the chemist)

I need to order more food so I will kill 2 birds with one stone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now