Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

1year old rubbing top of head+crying a lot

(7 Posts)
mammainlove Sun 26-Jun-11 00:12:16

We think she is teething, although usually she just pulls her ears,bites etc. She keeps rubbing the top of her head, between forhead and crown as if it's painful like she's bumped it, but as far as we know she hasnt and this has been going on for 2 days. Anyone know why she's doing this? Obviously if she is still doing it on monday we will take her to see the doctor.

Blu Sun 26-Jun-11 00:17:02

Ear infection?

Is it worse when she lies down?

mammainlove Sun 26-Jun-11 03:45:49

Yes she's rubbing and scratching it in the night. She's not really touching her ears though. ?

RoadArt Sun 26-Jun-11 06:46:19

Is she crying all the time or now and again? Is she very distressed or just occasionally. If all the time I would be tempted to take her to the hospital

Is there any change in her demeaner - lethargic, sleepy, whaling, whimpering, etc?

mammainlove Sun 26-Jun-11 07:11:41

Only crying sometimes. Not too distressed and she is generally more whimpery and clingy

oricella Sun 26-Jun-11 07:53:00

First thought would be ears too - at that age I found DD would get bad infections and be generally tearful and clingy, but wouldn't directly pull ears. Any sign of fever? I think I would get it checked out today - being in pain isn't much fun

RoadArt Thu 30-Jun-11 07:04:24

How is your DD now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now