Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Too much EWCM? (May be TMI!)

(12 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Thu 23-Jun-11 13:53:40

I've noticed since having DS1 (3.9) and DS2 (15 months) that I get lots of EWCM around the time of ovulation.

It seems to have increased since having the boys.

This is probably TMI, but it feels like I have wet myself, when I go to the loo, there is literally loads of it. It goes on for 5 days ish.

Is this normal? I know when I was ttc I appreciated it, but bit concerned that I shouldn't have to wear a panty liner for a week in the middle of my cycle!

Any thoughts or experiences very appreciated.

Cheers

FannyFifer Thu 23-Jun-11 14:00:55

Oh I have no idea but have exactly the same issue, two kids as well.
Loads of the stuff, no doubt whatsoever that I am ovulating.
Have to wear a panty liner over the 4-5 days it lasts for.

headfairy Thu 23-Jun-11 14:02:05

I have tons too, esp since having children. I think I just notice it more now I know what it's for grin

sheeplikessleep Thu 23-Jun-11 14:03:25

Thanks for posting Fanny (apt name!). Hmmm, hopefully someone in the know might enlighten us! Bit concerned it might be some sort of hormonal problem or infection or something (although I have no other symptoms at all).

sheeplikessleep Thu 23-Jun-11 14:06:35

But should it actually 'plop' as it hits the toilet water!? Seriously I should be buying shares in toilet rolls at the moment.

FannyFifer Thu 23-Jun-11 14:32:32

Lol @ plopping.blush
When u wipe and a whole big stringy bit just keeps coming.
It is pretty bad eh, not smelly or anything so doubt an infection.
Maybe we are just extra fertile wink

headfairy Thu 23-Jun-11 14:40:29

when I was ttc I drank gallons of grapefruit juice... I have more ewcm now than I did then grin Bloody typical eh?

Neverlandpirate Thu 23-Jun-11 15:44:43

I have it too!! Absolutely loads of the stuff a week after period has stopped. I have always wondered since having DD what it is all about.

Sometimes it is like jelly, and other times looser...but always clear with no smell...I am watching this now to see if someone can enlighten us as to it.

Neverlandpirate Thu 23-Jun-11 15:46:06

And it's hard to wipe it away too..it goes on forever! blush

Piggyleroux Thu 23-Jun-11 19:48:40

I started getting tons after I got my periods back two months ago after having ds who is now 15 months.

But....

I have just received a letter following a smear which says I have severe dyskorysis (shitting myself emoticon) which means abnormal cells. not sure if it's connected.

FannyFifer Fri 24-Jun-11 07:48:38

Oh Piggyleroux, what a worry, hope everything turns out fine for you.
Thanks for posting.

Think I will maybe speak to GP then as I am probably due for a smear.

sheeplikessleep Fri 24-Jun-11 13:02:18

Piggyleroux - sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Wishing you all the best for a quick and speedy recovery and that you get seen straightaway so you know what's happening. Let us know how it goes <unmumsnetty hug>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now