Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Fibromyalgia; what happened to you, post diagnosis?

(5 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 23-Jun-11 09:53:27

In March (I think) I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

The consultant said "You don't need to see me any more"

So I wandered off with my diagnosis & nothing else. Is this normal? No medication or follow up or anything?

MissingMySleep Thu 23-Jun-11 11:12:58

they can give you amitriptilyn, which helps with sleep. I tried it, it didnt work for me, so I have no ledication, no followup etc.

It all depends on your symptoms and the severity of any pain you get as to whether you need medicine.

For mine, I have changed working hours to 4 short days, and have all the school holidays off, the extra rest and shorter days have helped no end.

KatyMac Thu 23-Jun-11 12:33:12

I wasn't aware of any problems with my sleeping; but I suppose I should talk to the GP & see

MissingMySleep Thu 23-Jun-11 17:41:38

usually with fibro its cos you are not getting any deep sleep and if that can be helped then the symptoms can ease off

KatyMac Thu 23-Jun-11 17:44:56

I have CFS too so sleeping am I normally thought to be quite good at grin

At least I am not doing 16hrs a day like I was when I was diagnosed with CFS

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: