Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Why would I suddenly start..

(3 Posts)
Huffythetantrumslayer Wed 22-Jun-11 15:13:07

Having breakthrough bleeding if I miss a pill? I missed 2 pills in a row last month and was spotting non stop for 2 and a half weeks! And realised I missed 1 pill the other day and am spotting again. Have never had bleeding in-between the 7 day break before ever so why start now? And for so long? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

silkenladder Wed 22-Jun-11 17:50:06

I suddenly started getting mid-cycle spotting after being on the pill for 8 or 9 years. IIRC it wasn't even related to missing pills.

The dr said it was a sign that the hormone level in the pill was no longer enough to override my own hormones completely and I went onto a different type (had been on triphasic pill, went onto monophasic). That sorted things for me. Btw, I don't think there was any suggestion that I might be risking pregnancy, just that it's a pita to have spotting.

Huffythetantrumslayer Wed 22-Jun-11 18:04:22

Thanks for replying, I've been on this pill forever except for when I had my son so that would make sense. Better go see the gp I suppose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: