Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why would I suddenly start..

(3 Posts)
Huffythetantrumslayer Wed 22-Jun-11 15:13:07

Having breakthrough bleeding if I miss a pill? I missed 2 pills in a row last month and was spotting non stop for 2 and a half weeks! And realised I missed 1 pill the other day and am spotting again. Have never had bleeding in-between the 7 day break before ever so why start now? And for so long? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

silkenladder Wed 22-Jun-11 17:50:06

I suddenly started getting mid-cycle spotting after being on the pill for 8 or 9 years. IIRC it wasn't even related to missing pills.

The dr said it was a sign that the hormone level in the pill was no longer enough to override my own hormones completely and I went onto a different type (had been on triphasic pill, went onto monophasic). That sorted things for me. Btw, I don't think there was any suggestion that I might be risking pregnancy, just that it's a pita to have spotting.

Huffythetantrumslayer Wed 22-Jun-11 18:04:22

Thanks for replying, I've been on this pill forever except for when I had my son so that would make sense. Better go see the gp I suppose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now