Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Uterine mass - next scan on Friday, what should I ask?

(2 Posts)
GenericDietCola Wed 22-Jun-11 10:47:17

A bit of history: I had a MMC discovered at my 12 wk scan at the end of March, followed by medical management (didn't work) and an ERPC in early April. Six weeks after the ERPC, I was still getting positive pregnancy tests, so I went back to the GP. I had a scan a week ago and they saw what they thought were retained products. Hospital did blood hCG test, which was negative. They re-scanned and decided it wasn't retained products but 'something else', possibly fibroids.

However, they cannot be sure (after two consultants looked at the scan) and I have to go back again on Friday for another scan. I have been bleeding for over two weeks now and have occasional pain, but this is not severe.

Obviously I'm getting a bit concerned. Does anyone have any ideas about what this might be? Surely if it was fibroids they would be able to tell from the scan given that they are fairly common? What should I ask on Friday? I think I have been too easy going about this up until now!

Keen to get back to normal so I can ttc again. Many thanks in advance.

GenericDietCola Wed 22-Jun-11 12:59:19

<lunchtime bump>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now