Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Far tmi but can anyone advise about a thermal ablation?

(4 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Tue 21-Jun-11 21:15:05

I had this done a week ago and though I read to expect some discharge afterwards I never thought it would be this much. And sorry, but the smell........Jesus wept it's like something has dies up there. Am showering two times a day but the house is smelling of rotting flesh never mind me.

I feel like crap, am having hot flushes. Wake up in the night drenched in sweat. And not just sweaty armpits, etc but my face and arms will be soaking wet. The hotness comes on like a switch been flicked. It's almost like the proceedure has sent me into an instant menopause.

I haven't got a temp so I don't think it's an infection.

I saw the district nurse today to have my stitches taken out and told her. She said she didn't know anything about the proceedure so didn't know what was normal. She said I felt like a furnace though. Told me to see the gp at the end of the week if I'm still like this.

Anyone been here and had the same?

herdingcats Tue 21-Jun-11 21:17:56

If she thought you felt hot like that ,does that not indicate an infection. Could you have a swab taken of the discharge, to rule it out ?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 21-Jun-11 21:31:33

She seemed a bit clueless to be honest. Maybe I,ll go to the gp tomorrow. She didn't even check my temp and seeing as my thermometer says 34.8 it might not be working too well.

herdingcats Tue 21-Jun-11 21:41:51

I would go if I were you. Better to be checked. Hope it wasn't the district one from my street, she does not inspire me with confidence. Take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now