Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bursitis in the hip

(3 Posts)
frostyfingers Tue 21-Jun-11 10:47:42

I first got this towards the end of last year, and after two courses of anti inflammatories went for the steroid injection in about Feb this year.

The injection itself was ok, but the pain for the next 24 hours was incredible and I vowed not to do it again. It worked but over the last 6 weeks or so it is now hurting again. It's not the agony that I had first time round, but every stride is painful, and I'm very lame if I've been sitting for a while - paracetamol/nurofen don't seem to work.

What I want to know is what to do next - back for another injection (apparantely you can have max 2), or just leave it and see if it goes away. I'm going on holiday for a week and was wondering whether a week of sunshine and rest would help, or whether I should bite the bullet and get it sorted before the holiday.

Does it ever just go away or get better on its own, or should I go back to the GP? Can you tell I'm not keen?!

nevergoogle Tue 21-Jun-11 20:11:22

have you had physio too?

frostyfingers Thu 23-Jun-11 18:54:21

No, it's not been mentioned as a possible treatment so I'll ask. Had an awful day/night with it yesterday so am making a gp appt as soon as I can!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now