Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone know of a poultice for spots plse [TMI ALERT]

(7 Posts)
canyou Mon 20-Jun-11 16:01:03

I have a pimple in my nipple, it hurts I am a hypochondriac and my imagination has started to work over time and now my whole breast hurts and I am deformed as nipple is swollen. In the shower today I knocked the head off it and it oozed a little and I now have a yellow sore on my nipple.
So can any wise person here advice me as I don't have Euro 60 to visit the GP this week and am to blush to ask in the chemist and need some one to cure it
TIA smile

DrSeuss Mon 20-Jun-11 21:41:02

Tea tree oil?

canyou Mon 20-Jun-11 22:37:08

I have been using Tea tree and it seems to have brought it to a head that burst but in my hypochondriac mind it is not working and the whole area is inflamed and I was thinking my Nana and Granny used to used old fashioned poultice and hoped someone would know a recipe. You are probably right that I should persevere with the tea tree. Thank you smile

Bathing with salt water? And then slap on sudocrem?

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Tue 21-Jun-11 10:45:15

Magnesium Sulphate paste - you can get it over the counter from the chemists - it's a drawing ointment?

BarbaraBar Tue 21-Jun-11 10:47:52

There's a fabulous neutrogena face pack in a tube (blue) which I slap on if I ever get a spot. Leave it on for 10 mins and the spot is drawn out.

Buda Tue 21-Jun-11 10:49:59

I use cotton pads dipped in very hot water and held on spot for a few mins.

Keep using the tea tree oil.

And agree with the Magnesium Sulphate paste suggestion. Put a plaster on over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now