Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Still getting period type cramp but period was 2 wks ago.

(11 Posts)
numptysmummy Mon 20-Jun-11 15:14:19

Like it says, last period was a couple of wks ago but i'm still getting a dull ache like i do when i'm due on. Has anyone had similar? Anyone know why?

Cattleprod Mon 20-Jun-11 15:17:10

Could you be pregnant?

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Mon 20-Jun-11 15:26:24

Did you have a CS? Sometimes it hurts around the scar.
Also I have been known to have 2 weeks between periods, you might have one coming again.
Ovulation pains?

Not that helpful!
If you are concerned get yourself checked.
When was your last smear?

numptysmummy Tue 21-Jun-11 09:07:03

Thanks for replys. I did have a cs years ago and i do get pain around it bit very different to what i have now. Have sex so in theory could be pregnant - to early for symptoms tho surely? Last smear 4 yrs ago,never been anything untoward.

gourd Tue 21-Jun-11 09:12:46

Is it ovulation pain? I used to get a few twinges and sometimes spotting about 20 days after my period (I have a long cycle -35 days, so ovulate around day 21) and ovulation pain feels just the same as period pain really, but less intense. If your cycle is around 28 days two weeks would be about right for it to be ovulation.

numptysmummy Tue 21-Jun-11 09:23:24

Not sure - been getting it for a week now. i've had ovulation pain before but thats a sharper pain and soon goes, this is a dull, crampy ache in my lower back and i've had it for a week now.

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 21-Jun-11 09:24:54

POAS smile

numptysmummy Tue 21-Jun-11 09:27:49

Shhhhhh JTGK! My husband would have a bloody fit if i was pg (thats a whole other thread tho!) Seriously,it's got to be far too early for pg symptoms....

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Tue 21-Jun-11 09:51:00

Urinary tract infection?

With DD2 I had pregnancy symptoms a few days after conception wink knew for sure after a week and had to wait 2 more to be able to POAS. I would have told you it was too early too.

JarethTheGoblinKing Tue 21-Jun-11 11:04:15

grin

There are a couple of threads running on this topic at the moment.. have a look here

BelaLugosiinStripes Tue 21-Jun-11 22:08:54

Nothing to do with your symptoms...if you're over 25 and under 50 then you should be due to be called for screening if you're in the UK.
The letter usually comes from a central office for your area but is dependent on you being registered with a GP. If you've moved since your last test and haven't updated your address with the practice, then the screening invitation letter may have gone to your old address.
Just wanted to highlight that in case anyone's waiting to be called and thinks it's over 3 years (25-49) or 5 years (50-65) since their last test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now