Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Rash

(11 Posts)
confuseddotcodotuk Sun 19-Jun-11 22:05:15

I have a rash and after spending ages browsing online this weekend whilst there haven't been docs open I have just found this:

pityriasis rosea

Which is identical to what I seem to have. I'm just wondering if I should go to the doctors anyway?! I feel like I should but at the same time don't want to waste the doctors time (or the receptionists as I have just moved so will need to sign up to a new doctor's surgery) as it's not really bothering me at all tbh, it's just there, iyswim? You can barely see it in most places, just feel the bumps and see a slightly pinkish tone to them!

xstitch Mon 20-Jun-11 20:57:26

Are you pregnant?

How do you feel in yourself?

DrGruntFotter Mon 20-Jun-11 21:01:09

Message withdrawn

confuseddotcodotuk Mon 20-Jun-11 21:13:18

xstitch: no, and absolutely fine really! It's spread to my back now and the smaller ones on my stomach are fading.

DrGrunt: I'm 22, I seem to get every blooming condition that young adults tend to get these days! <<rolls eyes>> I'm glad it was recognised straight away, I don't fancy tests!

I wouldn't consider the doc normally, but I just want to make sure it is what it is and not contageous as I work with kids. I didn't get a chance to go today but have a full day to myself while the kids are in school Weds so will organise my signing up tomorrow and go then when I have got time to sit and wait at a surgery.

confuseddotcodotuk Mon 20-Jun-11 21:15:35

I'm also getting tiny pinprick bumps in clusters in my arms, but I have something similar regularily so I'm not sure if it's that reoccuring or part of this rash.

It's also spread to my knicker region, and has been fun today as both bras and knickers have been uncomfortable! It doesn't itch unless it gets rubbed or something.

xstitch Mon 20-Jun-11 21:20:55

You could go to the dr to get something for the symptoms as opposed to something not so strong over the counter.

confuseddotcodotuk Mon 20-Jun-11 22:52:02

I will ask what they recommend smile I've seen on forums people recommending washing with head and shoulders, which is a bit weird surely?!

xstitch Mon 20-Jun-11 22:54:29

Not really, its fungal as is a lot of dandruff. Sounds quite logical to me.

Disclaimer I have been accused in the past of having a strange sense of logic.

confuseddotcodotuk Mon 20-Jun-11 23:13:09

I didn't realise it was fungal, I was mainly looking at the symptoms, if it was contagious and if it was treatable! Now you say that it does make a bit more sense grin

DrGruntFotter Tue 21-Jun-11 08:46:27

Message withdrawn

confuseddotcodotuk Tue 21-Jun-11 12:37:40

No, no change from my normal routines, not been ill or anything, just a random case I think? my comment about other thigs young adults get was mainly aimed at a chest problem I have which started after I got a suspected case of swine flu in 09, doc diagnosed it as Tietze's syndrome, and I have dodgy knees too. I'm quite a healthy person in terms of actual illnesses, but my bones/joints/cartilidge aren't up to scratch so I have vegetarian glucosamine and various other supplements for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now