Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mooncups and prolapses - massive amounts of TMI

(13 Posts)
nicevideoshameaboutthesong Sun 19-Jun-11 14:34:32

i fucking hate my body. i hate my period and i hate my mooncup.

I have bowel and bladder prolapse since the birth of my two enormous children and cannot get it repaired right now (several reasons, long). I also have tissue that bulges out of my vagina when i bear down.

So, i have to deal with my cursed period somehow. I've had a mooncup since my period came back at 16mo postpartum. Its getting more and more uncomfortable. It feels like i need a poo when i have it in, because of the thin wall between vagina and rectum. i struggle to get it in there high enough, it leaks, it doesnt form a seal, and it constantly feels uncomfortable. I hate it.

But i dont see any alternative :/

Just moaning, really.

strawberryjelly Sun 19-Jun-11 15:47:03

why can't you have surgery yet?

can you not use pads instead of the mooncup?

QueenOfFeckingEverything Sun 19-Jun-11 15:51:28

Try sea sponges.

Sea Pearls or Jam Sponges are two makes I can think of and one of them (forget which) does a 'prolapse size' that kind of helps hold everything up iyswim.

I have some (I just use natural sponges cut to size now) and they are fabulously comfy. Me and my mooncup didn't get on so well after giving birth to 10lb of DS2.

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Sun 19-Jun-11 17:49:50

I can use pads but i fucking hate feeling wet all the time. :/

Cant have surgery because i have a nearly -3 year old who has autism, and who frequently has to be picked up to save her life (!!) let alone to keep her out of the road, etc - and you can't lift anything for weeks after the repair...

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Sun 19-Jun-11 17:51:03

sea sponges? Oooh, never heard of them used in that way... will off to google!

(DD1 was 10lb 1oz, DD2 was 9lb 8oz - i will never be the same) lol

AliceWhirled Sun 19-Jun-11 17:54:21

There are lots of different types of menstrual cups that suit different situations. I have a lunette as I didn't get on with a mooncup. This site might be of use as it seems to cover every possible menstrual cup eventuality.

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Sun 19-Jun-11 18:00:28

i was all right with it in the beginning but gradually its been getting worse, hurting me more, etc. eacn month i've hated it more and now i'm at the point of loathing it, so its time to change, i think.

Thanks for the link, i will pour over it in a bit.

rabbitstew Mon 20-Jun-11 15:39:12

I'm sure the mooncup leaflet says you shouldn't use the mooncup if you have a prolapse.

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Mon 20-Jun-11 21:42:31

cute. i never noticed that part! well, my prolapses are supposed to only be bladder and bowel but when i bear down i can see tissue bulging out of my vagina, so i can only think it has gotten worse / now involves vagina??

QueenOfFeckingEverything Mon 20-Jun-11 21:45:14

prolapse sponges

fuzzywuzzy Mon 20-Jun-11 21:45:20

The mooncup is supposed to be worn quite low down, it doesn't work if its worn high up

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Mon 20-Jun-11 21:56:06

oh wow! re the sponges. awesome. i may have to give this a go for next month.

thank you for the linkages.

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Mon 20-Jun-11 21:56:41

i can barely get it up high enough not to be hanging out at the bottom :/ and that's with the stem cut off flush with the bottom of the cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now