Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Disposing of syringes/clinical waste

(5 Posts)
Ivortheengine8 Sat 18-Jun-11 20:13:02

I am on Clexane for the rest of my pregnancy and have already filled a tub (my own plastic tub) of used syringes. I have asked the pharmacy for a sharps box who said I need to get it from my GP. I asked my haemotologist for one but she said to go back to my antenatal consultant and ask for one. I forgot to do that yesterday when I went but have a feeling I will get told the same. (its the same hospital)

So who should provide me with a sharps box and how should I dispose of it?

HarrietJones Sat 18-Jun-11 20:14:19

I got mine from my MW & returned it to my GP

MynamesMikeIswimlikeafish Sun 19-Jun-11 10:15:15

We used to get ours from the Gp and return it to them when full.

jjazz Sun 19-Jun-11 19:24:33

if you get no joy and keep being passed around let the public health dept know- this is a hazard and it is lucky you have been careful with your needles in using a tub.

Ivortheengine8 Sun 19-Jun-11 19:29:29

Thankyou all, I will call my GP tomorrow and see. The only problem is that it's not the GP who has prescribed it so far (its the consulatnt at the hospital) so not sure if they will. Will definately try though.
Jjazz, I know it's not nice. I have to be careful. I have a very inquisitive toddler running around too!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now