Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

not feeling quite right

(11 Posts)
homeagainhomeagain Sat 18-Jun-11 19:26:03

Hi, I went back to work fulltime a few months ago. I have 2 DC (4 and 1), for the last wee while I have been feeling under the weather. I'm exhausted all the time, just about every second Saturday I have to give in and go to bed for the day. Recently I've been feeling as if I'm drunk (I haven't been drinking) and I'm trying my hardest to pretend to be sober (does that make sense?) I don't really have any symptoms apart from feeling generally unwell and very tired all the time. Is this just what happens when you go back to work with 2 small DC?

I was wondering if I might be anaemic. Going to go to the Docs on Monday but I was wondering if anyone had similar symptoms and it might be linked to a low iron count. Thanks, sorry - long post. Desperate to get back to normal as my DH has been great but it is exhausting holding the fort by yourself.

oldenoughtowearpurple Sat 18-Jun-11 19:41:11

No idea, def go to the doctor though. If it is that you are just knackered then you will need to think about lowering your standards!

chipstick10 Sat 18-Jun-11 20:08:37

Iworked with a girl who found out she was anaemic, she was always tired and always cold.

homeagainhomeagain Sat 18-Jun-11 20:14:56

Thanks, standards are well and truly lowered. Off on holiday next week, the break might do the job.

Hassled Sat 18-Jun-11 20:18:23

So the feeling drunk thing - is it sort a dizziness? Could well be anaemia - might be worth taking some iron supplements. You really should get yourself checked out. Are you getting a night's sleep at this stage?

homeagainhomeagain Sat 18-Jun-11 20:31:50

I started taking iron tablets today. Not really dizzy, just everything a bit fuzzy, it is difficult describe. No sleep, that's the problem. Both DCs have had the odd bug and hav been up through the night. Work has been full on so I'm probably totally exhausted. Having a 'duvet day' today. The thing is, I'm heading off to bed more often than I would like. My poor DH is exhausted as well but is doing a good job of staying on top of things. Def going to the Doc on Monday.

zippy539 Sat 18-Jun-11 20:36:14

Might be something like labrynthitis (sp?). Had a friend with that and she was dizzy, had balance issues and knackered. Def get checked out though! smile

zanz1bar Sun 19-Jun-11 00:01:21

ask your gp for a thyroid check as well, that fuzzy constantly tired feeling could be an underactive thyroid.

bessie26 Sun 19-Jun-11 00:19:37

I'd say get your thyroid tested too. I was always cold & tired but got to the point where I had to nap every afternoon (thankfully DD was still napping!) - turned out to be an underactive thyroid & within a few days of starting the pills it was like a fog had been lifted!

I had to see 2 Drs before they would take my symptoms seriously, the first told me that tiredness was part & parcel of being a mum...

IntotheNittyGritty Sun 19-Jun-11 00:19:48

Make sure you get blood tests done. Think about all the other symptoms you have had, however insignificant.

Have you had hot sweats as well?

homeagainhomeagain Sun 19-Jun-11 22:29:04

No hot sweats but thanks for the info, I will go to the Docs fullly informed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now