Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

indegestion /gallstones??

(4 Posts)
pinkyp Sat 18-Jun-11 10:06:09

went to drs a month ago as i kept getting tummy ache/feeling sick all time. The dr said possible indegestion / gallstones and gave me some omeprazole tablets to take & come back in a month. A month later no change, less feeling sick but more tummy aches. He sent me for blood tests, and then i had to have them re tested a few days later as my ferratin wasnt right - i have no idea what that means. I have to have them repeated again in a month - no idea why. The dr also referred me to have a scan on my stomach and a camera down. I'm fed up of not being able to eat certain foods - mainly chocolate, cheese & spicey as these can make me sick. I've also lost a stone in the past month as i cant eat alot of stuff. Anyone else been through anything similar

coansha Sun 19-Jun-11 06:49:45

Yes, me all of your symptoms and a terrible something is stuck going down feeling, but in back area not throat(it was a stone app) BLOODY AWFUL!! So sorry for you, stick to plainest diet, lost weight too, too scared to eat and upset it.
I also had(not trying to trump you but I was really sick) had Glandular fever at the same time, I was a picture as you could imagine.
They stones were crystal clear on scan, they couldn't do camera as throat was swollen.
The re test will possibly be to see if it has calmed down as if you have them you can only have them removed if not inflamed.
I had mine out, best thing to happen to the horrid thing, slowly introduced normal diet but was rough for a few weeks, it also according to surgeon what caused me to have morning sickness throughout both pregnancies(not sure if this is true but ??) which was horrific, all day everyday.
Best of luck with it all, its very common and just horrible.

pinkyp Sun 19-Jun-11 14:13:36

It's a blood re-test I have to have done in a month, not sure If it's related or not. It's it 'normal' to feel ok some days but other days in alot of pain?

BluddyMoFo Sun 19-Jun-11 14:16:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now