Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How do I find a first aid course?

(5 Posts)
hastingsmum Sat 18-Jun-11 01:27:01

Maybe this isn't the right place to ask? I remember when I had my first child there was lots of free and cheap first aid courses for parents but now I can;t find any.
Does anyone know who to contact for first aid training for parents? I'm in the south east btw

piprabbit Sat 18-Jun-11 01:39:17

You could try your local NCT branch (our runs first aid courses periodically) or maybe your Children's Centre could point you in the right direction.

MrsShrekTheThird Sat 18-Jun-11 02:15:33

I first did paed first aid through the local sure start. I've recently renewed through the red cross, but that was more expensive (£80ish?)

bessie26 Sat 18-Jun-11 02:37:54

Ask your local children's centre if they are running any or Phone St Johns - they'll be able to tell you about courses they are running locally, and will run a course for you if you can get enough people interested... I organised one for my NCT group a couple of years ago - think they needed about 6 people & it cost around £25 a head

MAGS46 Tue 26-Jul-11 22:42:29

the red cross have a new course specific for babies and children it can be 2 evenings or a saturday give them a call or check out there website www.redcrossfirstaidtraining.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now