Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Haven't had a period (bar lochia) since conception of now 14 month old son.

(10 Posts)
TicketToHull Wed 15-Jun-11 23:41:34

20th June 2009 was my LMP date and I'm slightly worried that almost 2 years since then! I'm still breastfeeding, which I know delays it all, but this seems excessive.

Anyone have a similar experience? I have fleetingly considered pregnancy as a reason but sadly have to put the not insubstantial weight gain to a increasingly friendly relationship to baked goods, as the number of times we make the beast with two backs at the moment (and since the arrival of blessed/blasted child) is very few and has definitely not been for an absolute age.

Reassurance (and a baked good of your choice) please!

Bunsouttheoven Wed 15-Jun-11 23:59:53

Both my dc were between 18 & 21mo before I had a period due to breastfeeding. Have lots of friends with similar experience too. Though saying that it is possible to get pregnant before mp if you are very unlucky/lucky!

mrsjohnsimm Thu 16-Jun-11 07:57:48

I was 13 months pp with DD1, and I know plenty of people who have gone longer.

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 08:02:44

yes, with DS mine returned at 18 months, and DD was 16 months
I think if your children a frequent bfers it has an effect.
Typical though that they came back earlier with DD, when I want no more children and would happily have never had another one (was tandem feeding then as well)

DeWe Thu 16-Jun-11 09:42:15

Dd2 was nearly 2yo. I was still bfing her so I began to wonder if it would come back. With the other two (also bfing) it came back not long after a year. She was the worst eater too.

eastegg Thu 16-Jun-11 09:46:47

Mine returned when DS was 12 months. I was still bfing but was winding down and stopped at 14 months. So 14 months when you're still bfing doesn't sound like anything to worry about to me.

RunsWithScissors Thu 16-Jun-11 09:49:20

I was 18m with DD (breastfeeding as well at the time). Have friends that went a year or more as well.

TicketToHull Thu 16-Jun-11 21:53:31

Ah that's such a relief to hear! My mum keeps asking and then pearl-clutching when I tell her it hasn't come back yet and it was starting to worry me. I shall relax now and tell her I'm not an abomination of nature <happily helps self to cake>

LiegeAndLief Fri 17-Jun-11 22:04:12

Mine came back with both dc at exactly 16 months. Bf for 2 years. I had very irregular periods before getting pg with dc1 so didn't have a period for 2.5 years (apart from lochia), was brilliant!

Knackeredmother Sat 18-Jun-11 21:21:26

No sign of mine after 18 months bf. Hadn't given it a second thought tbh. Don't worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now