Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help! this is freaking me out!

(9 Posts)
emilie89 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:29:05

I have been having strange fluttering/pulsating in my stomach for the last couple of weeks. It was so apparent earlier on that I could see it while I was in the bath! It feels exactly like a baby kicking/moving around.

I had my 1st DS 15 weeks ago after a normal pregnancy and delivery. I am 100% sure I cannot be pregnant again, especially not to the stage of movement.

It is really starting to freak me out! Does anyone have any experience of this or ideas of what it could be?

I have recently cut down the amount I am breastfeeding as DS has started mix feeding. I have also had some constipation the last few weeks (although I thought that was down to not drinking enough) and have noticed an increase in (normal) discharge. Sorry TMI!

HELP! I am starting to think I am going to have something burst out of my stomach, Alien style.

Hassled Wed 15-Jun-11 21:30:59

I bet you it is trapped wind. Sooner or later you will fart like an elephant and all will be well.

But if it's freaking you out and you're stressing, see your GP. Hope it goes away soon.

peggotty Wed 15-Jun-11 21:31:23

Trapped wind can feel remarkably like a baby kicking....

EffinNora Wed 15-Jun-11 21:31:39

I have no idea about your situation but had to say I've been around MN for years and have seen quite a few identical OPs where, a week later, it turns out OP was pregnant after all grin

Sorry!

Hope you get some more helpful answers.

emilie89 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:32:25

That's what DP said!!

shitmagnet Wed 15-Jun-11 22:20:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shitmagnet Wed 15-Jun-11 22:21:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moosemama Thu 16-Jun-11 09:14:34

I've had this, it turned out that what I'd thought was dd kicking was actually colon spasms - it happened to occur once while I was being examined for something else and that's what the gastroenterologist (sp?) said it was.

I thought she just like to kick a specific area, but in retrospect she couldn't have kicked there very easily because she was breech. blush

The feeling started when I was pregnant with dd, I had it more in the first few months after the birth, probably as everything was settling back into place in my abdomen, but I still get it occasionally and she's 2.5 now.

LaCerbiatta Thu 16-Jun-11 09:18:26

I had that also post natal, but months after rather than weeks. It's gone away on its own but I convinced myself it was my c-section scar where it pulled the muscles inside. Maybe it's some post-natal phenomenon? Some uterus contractions.... It really feels like a baby kicking!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't wind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now